Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 6-9 a.m.
Host Tom Temin brings you the latest news affecting the federal community each weekday morning, featuring interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 6 to 9 a.m. or download archived interviews below.
Federal Drive Interviews - Feb. 27, 2013
Wednesday - 2/27/2013, 5:20pm EST
The Federal Drive with Tom Temin and Emily Kopp was onsite at the AFCEA International Homeland Security Conference today broadcasting live from the event. Listen to our interviews with those organizing and participating in the event, as well as our other interviews that were heard on today's show.
Merit Systems Protection Board
One small agency could be hit big if federal employees decide to protest their furlough orders. The Merit Systems Protection Board would hear those cases, on top of its regular workload. Chairman Susan Grundmann spoke to Federal News Radio about what might happen if furloughs go into effect.
CIO and Assistant Director
Federal Law Enforcement Training Center
The Homeland Security and Defense departments are using simulators and modeling for operational training. It sounds futuristic but it may also be cheaper than the old textbook approach. Sandy Peavy is CIO and assistant director at the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center. She spoke with Federal News Radio about the new training at AFCEA International's Homeland Security Conference.
Cybersecurity is at the top of many federal agendas these days, from the new executive order to the renewed push for cyber legislation, and the Mandiant report about China's role in cyber espionage. But there's one thing that's higher on the priority list — the budget. The Honorable Paul Schneider is a principal at the Chertoff Group and a former deputy secretary at the Department of Homeland Security, where he focused on cybersecurity and financial management. He spoke with Federal News Radio at the AFCEA International Homeland Security Conference.
Vice President, Homeland Security Programs
With federal agencies like the General Services Administration cancelling conferences, events hosted by outside groups remain one of the few ways large groups of like-minded feds can mingle. AFCEA International's Homeland Security Conference is going on in downtown Washington, DC through Thursday. Topics range from emergency management to cybersecurity and the must-have tools for law enforcement. Federal News Radio spoke with Vince Patton, vice president of homeland security programs at AFCEA International, about the event.
Cybersecurity and DoD Updates:
FTC to Host Public Forum on Threats to Mobile Devices (Federal Trade Commission)
How to make iPads safe for government? 'Neuter' them (Government Computer News)
Military leaders say Congress must stop sequester (Federal News Radio)
Hagel takes helm at Pentagon (Federal News Radio)