Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 6-9 a.m.
Hosts Tom Temin and Emily Kopp bring you the latest news affecting the federal community each weekday morning, featuring interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 6 to 9 a.m. or download archived interviews below.
Federal Drive Interviews -- Feb. 22, 2013
Friday - 2/22/2013, 12:05pm EST
Registered Employee Benefit Consultant
This week, the Pentagon detailed its plans to furlough 800,000 employees unless Congress stops the sweeping budget cuts slated for March 1. Customs and Border Protection is planning to give its agents and officers 14 days off without pay. And, EPA is planning mandatory agencywide furloughs. If you find your paycheck cut, what should you do? Registered Employee Benefit Consultant Ed Zurndorfer gave Federal News Radio some for tips on navigating sequestration.
executive vice president
SAP's Public Sector Group
Government agencies could improve their operations and outcomes significantly by analyzing the large amounts of data they already have, according to the TechAmerica Foundation. It asked 100 federal tech officials, as well as 100 state and local officials, what they think are the big opportunities in big data. Federal News Radio spoke with Steve Lucas, executive vice president of SAP's public sector group, and the co-chair of the study.
Cybersecurity is one area across government where spending is likely to continue to rise despite tightening budgets. AFCEA DC's 4th Annual Cybersecurity Symposium is examining the government's cyber preparedness. Federal News Radio broadcast live from the event. We spoke with Brian Roach, president of AFCEA DC and vice president of federal at Juniper Networks, about the goals of the event.
executive vice president
AFCEA DC's 4th Annual Cybersecurity Symposium took place in Washington, D.C. today. Retired Lt. Gen. John Dubia, executive vice president of AFCEA International, attended both keynote addresses at the event. The first was with Air Force Major General Brett Williams, the director of operations, J-3 of United States Cyber Command. The second was with Eric Rosenbach, deputy assistant secretary of Defense for Cyber Policy. Federal News Radio asked him if there were any common themes between the two speeches.
Deputy Director of Strategy, Policy and Plans Directorate
North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD)
Shrinking ice caps may be bad for polar bears, but they present a business opportunity for some people. The thawing Arctic Circle is attracting shippers and eco-tourists. To the military, more traffic means more potential security problems. Brig. Gen. Al Meinzinger told Federal News Radio what U.S. Northern Command, the North American Defense Command and Canada's Joint Operations Command have been doing to secure the area.
MORE FROM THE FEDERAL DRIVE
- Sequestration will force about-face on Army acquisition reforms (Federal News Radio)
- Possible furloughs could affect Guard members nationwide (DoD News)