Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 6-9 a.m.
Hosts Tom Temin and Emily Kopp bring you the latest news affecting the federal community each weekday morning, featuring interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 6 to 9 a.m. or download archived interviews below.
Federal Drive Interviews -- Feb. 15, 2013
Friday - 2/15/2013, 11:38am EST
Today's Federal Drive featured a special hour-long discussion on sequestration with some of the most experienced minds in federal budgeting and finance. Joe Kull is the director of PricewaterhouseCoopers' Washington Federal Practice. He is a 32-year veteran of federal service, including deputy comptroller for federal financial management at the Office of Management and Budget. Thad Juszczak is a director at Grant Thornton with 34 years of federal budgeting experience at five departments. We were also joined by Federal News Radio Defense Reporter Jared Serbu, who has been covering sequestration's impact on the Pentagon for the past year.
NOAA's National Weather Service
The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration is hoping a 24-year veteran of the National Weather Service can get the agency back on track. Dr. Louis Uccellini spoke to Federal News Radio about his priorities in the years ahead.
The Department of Agriculture recently awarded a contract for the cafeterias at its Whitten and South buildings and it had some interesting stipulations in its bid solicitation. No deep fryers. No white bread. The winner of the contract, IL Creations, will also bring in a full-time, on-site dietitian. Federal News Radio spoke to Dr. Ken Choi, chief operating officer of IL Creations, about what USDA employees can expect.
National Taxpayer Advocate
The IRS is still issuing ID numbers to tax preparers even after a court ruled last month that IRS lacks the power to regulate them. It's still using the IDs to track preparer performance even though it can't require certification or testing, which it wants to do. Nina Olson, the national taxpayer advocate, spoke to Federal News Radio about the problem and what comes next.
MORE FROM THE FEDERAL DRIVE
- Senate GOP blocks Hagel vote for now (Federal News Radio)
- Carter: Sequestration Would Demonstrate Failure of Resolve (DoD News)
- Raising the Bar for Cybersecurity (CSIS White Paper)
- Apple confirms iOS 6.1 lock-screen flaw, promises fix (ZD Net)