Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 6-9 a.m.
Hosts Tom Temin and Emily Kopp bring you the latest news affecting the federal community each weekday morning, featuring interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 6 to 9 a.m. or download archived interviews on our daily show blogs.
Federal Drive Interviews -- Feb.12, 2013
Tuesday - 2/12/2013, 9:11am EST
Association for Government Accountants
The federal government's fiscal pickle has put its financial management practices under intense scrutiny. The people responsible for finding a way out of this tight spot gathered at the Association for Government Accountants 2013 National Leadership Conference. Federal News Radio is broadcasting live from AGA's event.
Shaw, Bransford and Roth
The President is considering issuing an Executive Order to prevent government contractors from discriminating against gay and lesbian employees. Joining the Legal Loop is Debra Roth, partner at Shaw, Bransford and Roth.
Global Security Strategy and Diplomacy at Microsoft
The White House is getting set to release an executive order on cybersecurity information sharing. And now a new research report from Microsoft attempts to explain the factors behind why some countries have excellent cybersecurity performance, and others lag behind. Paul Nicholas of Microsoft explains the findings.
MORE FROM THE FEDERAL DRIVE
- Military benefits extended to same-sex partners (Federal News Radio)
- In Afghanistan pullout, Pentagon favors phased reduction over 3 years (The Washington Post)
- Military weighs cutbacks, shifts in drone programs (Federal News Radio)
- Sources: White House to issue cybersecurity order Wednesday (The Hill)
- Adobe issues emergency patch for flash player (InformationWeek Security)