Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 6-9 a.m.
Host Tom Temin brings you the latest news affecting the federal community each weekday morning, featuring interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 6 to 9 a.m. or download archived interviews below.
Federal Drive Interviews -- Feb. 11, 2013
Monday - 2/11/2013, 10:22am EST
This is the Federal Drive show blog. Here you can listen to the interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day and links to additional resources.
National Institute of Standards and Technology
The National Institute of Standards and Technology wants feedback on the latest draft of its IT security and privacy controls. This fourth revision of NIST's "Security and Privacy Controls" has been two years in the making. It now covers insider threats, supply chain risk and a number of cybersecurity issues. Ron Ross is a fellow at NIST and provides details.
Deloitte & Touche
When the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee calls you in, it's usually not because you're going to get a medal for a job well done. The current chairman, Republican Darrell Issa of California, has been an activist, but also highly partisan in the view of some colleagues. Now he's announced plans for a more collaborative approach to running the committee. What's going on? For some clues we turned to one-time committee chair, former Congressman Tom Davis of Northern Virginia.
You and your federal employee colleagues are hungry for answers about how sequestration will affect you. The White House said the cuts would likely include hundreds of thousands of furloughs. Maryland Senator Ben Cardin was at the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, Md. on Friday to talk to employees about budget cuts.
American Enterprise Institute
In his confirmation hearing for CIA director, John Brennan tried to answer a lot of questions about drone operations. Someone who didn't know better might have thought the CIA is another special operations branch of the military. In fact, the CIA is two organizations in one. Philip Lohaus is a research fellow with the American Enterprise Institute and former Defense Department analyst who has studied and blogged about how the CIA is two organizations in one.
Treasury Department's Financial Management Service
In just a little over two weeks, the Treasury Department will issue its last paper benefits check. The move to E-payments will be complete. Any recipient of Social Security, VA or other federal benefits who hasn't chosen an electronic alternative will be in violation of the law on March 1. Wanda Rogers is Deputy Commissioner at the Treasury Department's Financial Management Service and she told us about the transition and www.godirect.gov.
MORE FROM THE FEDERAL DRIVE
- Defense contractors could be overstating danger of sequestration (Center for International Policy)
- Flaws found in US missile shield (Federal News Radio)
- Allen Passes NATO Security Assistance Command to Dunford (DoD)