Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 6-9 a.m.
Hosts Tom Temin and Emily Kopp bring you the latest news affecting the federal community each weekday morning, featuring interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 6 to 9 a.m. or download archived interviews below.
Federal Drive Interviews -- Feb. 4, 2013
Monday - 2/4/2013, 11:24am EST
Weaver Consulting, LLC
The Access Board is about to release an overhauled version of Section 508 regulations. They dictate how agencies are required to provide people with disabilities to government computer systems and other facilities. Meanwhile, the White House has issued new orders for agencies to better manage Section 508 requirements.
TechTarget's Technology Guide
If it was advertised on the Super Bowl, it must be cool, right? You might have seen the ad for the new BlackBerry Z-10. BlackBerry's first new smartphone model in 18 months is a Hail Mary pass to save the company. Once the standard throughout the federal government, BlackBerry has fallen on hard times, its marketshare dropping to single digits.
For most of us, reading proposed federal regulations might be just slightly less painful than a root canal. If squinting at pages of bureaucratic and legal language makes your head spin, there's a new tool you may want to use. Sunlight Labs, part of the non-profit Sunlight Foundation, has released "Docket Wrench" to make it easier to track actions related to proposed rules.
MORE FROM THE FEDERAL DRIVE
- DON issues update about NGEN (Navy)
- Marine survey lists concerns on women in combat (Federal News Radio)