Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 6-9 a.m.
Hosts Tom Temin and Emily Kopp bring you the latest news affecting the federal community each weekday morning, featuring interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 6 to 9 a.m. or download archived interviews below.
Senate Democrats plan budget debate
Wednesday - 1/23/2013, 11:42am EST
WASHINGTON (AP) - Incoming Senate Budget Committee Chairman Patty Murray says Democrats controlling the chamber will attempt to pass a budget for the first time since 2009.
The Washington Democrat says the measure will call upon the wealthy to pay their "fair share" in taxes and defend programs for senior citizens and middle-class families.
Democrats have come under assault from Republicans for failing to pass budgets, prompting the House to propose withholding pay for either House or Senate members if the chamber in which they serve fails to pass a budget plan. This was an attachment to an unrelated measure to permit the government to borrow money for another three months to meet its obligations.
That measure is set to pass the House Wednesday and Senate Democrats are likely to accept it.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)