Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 6-9 a.m.
Hosts Tom Temin and Emily Kopp bring you the latest news affecting the federal community each weekday morning, featuring interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 6 to 9 a.m. or download archived interviews below.
Federal Drive Interviews -- Jan. 11, 2013
Friday - 1/11/2013, 9:17am EST
director of New York office
Migration Policy Institute
The non-partisan Migration Policy Institute says the government spent $18 billion on immigration in fiscal 2012. That's more than the combined budgets of the FBI; the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives; the Drug Enforcement Administration and the Secret Service. So where is all that money going? And is it paying off? For the answers, we turn to Muzaffar Chishti, the director of the Institute's New York office and an author of a new report.
Congress ended its last session failing to reach one of its important goals, namely, comprehensive cybersecurity legislation. The sticking point was how the federal government and private operators of critical infrastructure should interact. Now the Business Roundtable, an industry group, is weighing in. Liz Gasster is a vice president of the Roundtable, specializing in information technology and communications.
registered employee benefit consultant
You've probably been pretty focused on the sequestration side of the fiscal cliff drama recently. But don't forget, there were changes in the tax code, too. Ed Zurndorfer, registered employee benefit consultant, offers details on what this all means for your refund.
MORE FROM THE FEDERAL DRIVE
- DOD Takes on 'No Breakfast' Internet Myth (Defense)
- Pentagon moving to freeze hiring, delay contracts (Federal News Radio)
- DOD Electric Vehicles Will Supply Power to Local Grids (Defense)
- Bank Attacker Iran Ties Questioned By Security Pros (InformationWeek)
- 2013 Threats Predictions (McAfee)