Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 6-9 a.m.
Hosts Tom Temin and Emily Kopp bring you the latest news affecting the federal community each weekday morning, featuring interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 6 to 9 a.m. or download archived interviews below.
Federal Drive Interviews -- Jan. 10, 2013
Thursday - 1/10/2013, 10:40am EST
senior vice president and general manager
Dynamics Research Corporation
The information processing needs of the FDA have been growing fast. That's because the mission is getting bigger, and so have the data sets it must analyze. Now the agency has inked a $50 million deal to acquire major capacity in scientific computing. That deal went to Dynamics Research Corporation.
Department of Defense Education Activity
Parents of yesteryear might have pushed their kids to go into law or medicine thinking those were safe careers. But nowadays it's the science, technology, engineering and math professions that seem to offer endless opportunities. The problem is not enough students seem interested. Fewer than a fifth of all bachelor's degrees are awarded in STEM fields. Defense Department schools are calling on federal employees to help kindle their students' enthusiasm for the sciences.
MORE FROM THE FEDERAL DRIVE
- Army will keep tanks rolling out of Ohio plant (Federal News Radio)
- Air Force Announces KC-46A Candidate Bases (DoD)
- Sequestration 2.0 would mean furloughs for DoD's entire civilian workforce (Federal News Radio)