Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 6-9 a.m.
Hosts Tom Temin and Emily Kopp bring you the latest news affecting the federal community each weekday morning, featuring interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 6 to 9 a.m. or download archived interviews on our daily show blogs.
GSA adopts new mileage reimbursement rates
Tuesday - 1/8/2013, 5:16am EST
Modes of Transportation
Effective Applicability Date
Rate Per Mile
|Airplane||Jan. 1, 2013||$1.33|
|Authorized use of privately owned automobile if government owned vehicle is not available||Jan. 1, 2013||$0.565|
|If government owned vehicle is available||Jan. 1, 2013||$0.24|
|Motorcycle||Jan. 1, 2013||$0.534|
The General Services Administration recently adjusted all privately owned vehicle (POV) mileage reimbursement rates. The new rates, see table at right, were published in the Dec. 28, 2012, Federal Resgister and went into effect on Jan. 1, 2013.
GSA and the Internal Revenue Service may not use the same rates.
The POV mileage reimbursement rate for automobiles rose slightly from the previous rate of $0.555. The airplane, motorcycle and government-owned vehicle rates were also adjusted upwards, from $1.31, $0.525 and $0.23, respectively. The previous rates went into effect on April 17, 2012.
Federal employees seeking to calculate the mileage between different airports can do so with the Inter-Airport Distance calculator on the Research and Innovation Technology Administration's website.