Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 6-9 a.m.
Hosts Tom Temin and Emily Kopp bring you the latest news affecting the federal community each weekday morning, featuring interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 6 to 9 a.m. or download archived interviews on our daily show blogs.
TSP closes out 2012 with strong showing
Wednesday - 1/2/2013, 2:59pm EST
The C, S and the I Funds posted the largest gains last year. The C Fund, which matches the performance of stocks in the S&P 500, was up 16.07 percent. The S Fund, which tracks stocks not included in the S&P 500, posted gains of 18.57 percent. And the I Fund, which tracks a suite of international stocks, was up 18.62 percent at the end of 2012.
That's a far cry from last year, when both the S and I Funds posted negative returns for the year, and the C Fund saw only modest gains.
The G and the F Funds posted more modest gains for the year — 1.47 percent and 4.29 percent, respectively — both below last year's levels.
However, the Lifecycle Funds, a mix of fund investments targeted to when participants will begin withdrawing funds from their accounts, posted solid gains for the year well, above last year's returns.
Aside from the L 2050, which was launched last year, the L 2040 posted the largest gains posting returns for the year — 14.27 percent.
Thrift Savings Plan December 2012 returns
|Fund||December||Year-to-Date||Last 12 Months|