Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 6-9 a.m.
Hosts Tom Temin and Emily Kopp bring you the latest news affecting the federal community each weekday morning, featuring interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 6 to 9 a.m. or download archived interviews below.
Pentagon Solutions: DoD's evolving cyber posture
Wednesday - 12/19/2012, 6:10pm EST
Now, the CEO of defense contractor DRS Technologies, Lynn joined Pentagon Solutions with Francis Rose for a deep-dive discussion into cybersecurity in the defense realm.
Lynn discussed the development of the Pentagon's cyber readiness and the changing nature of the cyber threats it faces.
From Lynn's official bio:
|William J. Lynn is the Chief Executive Officer of DRS Technologies, Inc. Prior to joining DRS in 2012, Mr. Lynn served as the 30th United States Deputy Secretary of Defense from 2009 until 2011. Serving under Secretaries Robert Gates and Leon Panetta, he managed three million personnel and oversaw an annual budget of $700 billion. He also personally led the Department's efforts in cyber security, space strategy and energy policy.
From 2002 to 2009, Mr. Lynn was Senior Vice President of Government Operations and Strategy at the Raytheon Company. Previously, he served as Under Secretary of Defense (Comptroller) from 1997 to 2001 and as Director of Program Analysis and Evaluation in the Office of the Secretary of Defense from 1993 to 1997. Mr. Lynn also worked on the staff of Senator Ted Kennedy as his counsel for the Senate Armed Services Committee.
He has been recognized for numerous professional and service contributions, including four DoD medals for distinguished public service, the Joint Distinguished Civilian Service Award from the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, and awards from the U.S. Army, Navy and Air Force.
Mr. Lynn holds a law degree from Cornell Law School and a Master's degree in Public Affairs from the Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs at Princeton University. He is also a graduate of Dartmouth College.