Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Delivering the Digital Government Mission
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 6-9 a.m.
Host Tom Temin brings you the latest news affecting the federal community each weekday morning, featuring interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 6 to 9 a.m. or download archived interviews below.
Pentagon Solutions: DoD's evolving cyber posture
Wednesday - 12/19/2012, 6:10pm EST
Cybersecurity at the Defense Department is a constant work in progress. But it has come a long way. Bill Lynn, the former deputy Defense secretary played a significant role in improving DoD's cyber posture.
Now, the CEO of defense contractor DRS Technologies, Lynn joined Pentagon Solutions with Francis Rose for a deep-dive discussion into cybersecurity in the defense realm.
Lynn discussed the development of the Pentagon's cyber readiness and the changing nature of the cyber threats it faces.
From Lynn's official bio:
|William J. Lynn is the Chief Executive Officer of DRS Technologies, Inc. Prior to joining DRS in 2012, Mr. Lynn served as the 30th United States Deputy Secretary of Defense from 2009 until 2011. Serving under Secretaries Robert Gates and Leon Panetta, he managed three million personnel and oversaw an annual budget of $700 billion. He also personally led the Department's efforts in cyber security, space strategy and energy policy.
From 2002 to 2009, Mr. Lynn was Senior Vice President of Government Operations and Strategy at the Raytheon Company. Previously, he served as Under Secretary of Defense (Comptroller) from 1997 to 2001 and as Director of Program Analysis and Evaluation in the Office of the Secretary of Defense from 1993 to 1997. Mr. Lynn also worked on the staff of Senator Ted Kennedy as his counsel for the Senate Armed Services Committee.
He has been recognized for numerous professional and service contributions, including four DoD medals for distinguished public service, the Joint Distinguished Civilian Service Award from the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, and awards from the U.S. Army, Navy and Air Force.
Mr. Lynn holds a law degree from Cornell Law School and a Master's degree in Public Affairs from the Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs at Princeton University. He is also a graduate of Dartmouth College.