Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 6-9 a.m.
Hosts Tom Temin and Emily Kopp bring you the latest news affecting the federal community each weekday morning, featuring interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 6 to 9 a.m. or download archived interviews on our daily show blogs.
Federal Drive Interviews -- Dec. 7, 2012
Friday - 12/7/2012, 12:08pm EST
Carmen Middleton — director, Center for Mission Diversity, CIA
Perhaps no agency captures the public's imagination like the CIA. The impressions, however, aren't always welcoming. One stereotype is that officers are white men with similar backgrounds and beliefs. It's Carmen Middleton's job to counter that image. As director of the CIA center for mission diversity and inclusion, she sends scouts to Arab American festivals and other events to tell some of the most skeptical Americans: they could be part of the CIA too.
Ever since the Sept.11 terrorist attacks, justice and public safety agencies have struggled to improve communication with local law enforcement. Maybe they should try cloud computing. A new report by the IBM Center for the Business of Government says the technology holds great potential, if agencies can get past some common pitfalls.
Ed Zurndorfer — registered employee benefit consultant
Procrastinators beware. Open season ends on Monday, and with it, your chance to change your benefits for another year.
MORE FROM THE FEDERAL DRIVE
- Panetta, Shinseki order swifter progress toward joint health records
- Coburn, Manchin Amendment Pressuring Pentagon to Produce Audit Passes Senate Unanimously