Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 6-9 a.m.
Hosts Tom Temin and Emily Kopp bring you the latest news affecting the federal community each weekday morning, featuring interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 6 to 9 a.m. or download archived interviews on our daily show blogs.
Federal Drive Interviews -- Dec. 7, 2012
Friday - 12/7/2012, 12:08pm EST
Carmen Middleton — director, Center for Mission Diversity, CIA
Perhaps no agency captures the public's imagination like the CIA. The impressions, however, aren't always welcoming. One stereotype is that officers are white men with similar backgrounds and beliefs. It's Carmen Middleton's job to counter that image. As director of the CIA center for mission diversity and inclusion, she sends scouts to Arab American festivals and other events to tell some of the most skeptical Americans: they could be part of the CIA too.
Ever since the Sept.11 terrorist attacks, justice and public safety agencies have struggled to improve communication with local law enforcement. Maybe they should try cloud computing. A new report by the IBM Center for the Business of Government says the technology holds great potential, if agencies can get past some common pitfalls.
Ed Zurndorfer — registered employee benefit consultant
Procrastinators beware. Open season ends on Monday, and with it, your chance to change your benefits for another year.
MORE FROM THE FEDERAL DRIVE
- Panetta, Shinseki order swifter progress toward joint health records
- Coburn, Manchin Amendment Pressuring Pentagon to Produce Audit Passes Senate Unanimously