Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 6-9 a.m.
Hosts Tom Temin and Emily Kopp bring you the latest news affecting the federal community each weekday morning, featuring interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 6 to 9 a.m. or download archived interviews below.
Submarine collision investigation leaders named
Monday - 10/15/2012, 6:05pm EDT
NORFOLK, Va. (AP) - The Navy has chosen a flag officer to lead an investigation into what caused a fast-attack submarine to collide with a guided-missile cruiser.
The USS Montpelier and the USS Jacinto collided Saturday during routine training operations. No one was injured.
U.S. Fleet Forces Command said in a Monday news release that Rear Adm. Ann Phillips would serve as the investigating officer into the collision. Phillips' job will be to determine any fault or neglect, among other things. Phillips is commander of Expeditionary Strike Group 2.
The USS Jacinto arrived at Naval Station Mayport in Florida on Sunday, while the USS Montpelier arrived at Naval Submarine Base Kings Bay in Georgia to further assess the damage.
Both ships are home ported in Norfolk, Va.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)