Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 6-9 a.m.
Host Tom Temin brings you the latest news affecting the federal community each weekday morning, featuring interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 6 to 9 a.m. or download archived interviews below.
Submarine collision investigation leaders named
Monday - 10/15/2012, 6:05pm EDT
NORFOLK, Va. (AP) - The Navy has chosen a flag officer to lead an investigation into what caused a fast-attack submarine to collide with a guided-missile cruiser.
The USS Montpelier and the USS Jacinto collided Saturday during routine training operations. No one was injured.
U.S. Fleet Forces Command said in a Monday news release that Rear Adm. Ann Phillips would serve as the investigating officer into the collision. Phillips' job will be to determine any fault or neglect, among other things. Phillips is commander of Expeditionary Strike Group 2.
The USS Jacinto arrived at Naval Station Mayport in Florida on Sunday, while the USS Montpelier arrived at Naval Submarine Base Kings Bay in Georgia to further assess the damage.
Both ships are home ported in Norfolk, Va.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)