Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 6-9 a.m.
Host Tom Temin brings you the latest news affecting the federal community each weekday morning, featuring interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 6 to 9 a.m. or download archived interviews below.
Federal Drive interviews - September 28
Friday - 9/28/2012, 3:02pm EDT
Jim Williams — Senior Vice President, Daon
The Commerce Department is making progress in a project to improve online security. The administration sees this as key to growing a major branch of the economy. The National Strategy for Trusted Identities in Cyberspace is housed in the National Institute of Standards and Technolog, which has hired a contractor to help it establish what it calls an identity ecosystem.
Joining us with the story is Jim Williams, senior vice president at Daon and the former Federal Acquisition Service commissioner at the General Services Administration.
Patrice McDermott — Executive Director, OpenTheGovernment.org
A year ago, the White House launched a project to promote government transparency worldwide. It promised to lead by example by using the Internet to increase communication between the federal government and the public.
Now, a coalition of watchdog groups is checking to see whether the administration has stuck to its promises. Patrice McDermott, the executive director of OpenTheGovernment.org joins the Federal Drive to discuss the administration's progress on transparency.
Click here for the report
Ed Zurndorfer — Registered employee benefit consultant
This Monday marks the first day of the new fiscal year, and with it, a hike in TRICARE Prime fees for military retirees.
Starting next week, some beneficiaries will be paying $39 to $79 more than they do currently, GovExec recently reported.
Registered employee benefit consultant Ed Zurndorfer joins the Federal Drive to discuss the changes.
Five ways to ensure responsible information sharing (Federal News Radio)
Panetta Discusses Syria, Libya, Asia-Pacific Issues (American Forces Press Service)
Funding boost gives DHS a head start in 2013 to fight cyber threats (Federal News Radio)
US general charged with adultery, other sex crimes (Associated Press)