Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 6-9 a.m.
Hosts Tom Temin and Emily Kopp bring you the latest news affecting the federal community each weekday morning, featuring interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 6 to 9 a.m. or download archived interviews on our daily show blogs.
Federal Drive interviews - September 27
Thursday - 9/27/2012, 2:47pm EDT
John Logsdon — Former Director, Space Policy Institute, George Washington University
GOP Presidential candidate Mitt Romney says he wants NASA to reach for the stars, he just doesn't want the government to pay more for it than it already does. He lays out his vision for conducting what he calls practical and sustainable space missions in a new white paper. It comes on the heels of a Congressional effort to restructure the agency. The sponsors say NASA has wasted more than $20 billion in cancelled programs over two decades. They blame cost overruns, mismanagement and politics. Space historian John Logsdon digs into the details behind these proposals.
Also on the show:
- White House testing approach called for in draft cyber order
- Sen. Lieberman urges the presidents to better secure critical cyber infrastructure
For more cybersecurity news, click here.