Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 6-9 a.m.
Hosts Tom Temin and Emily Kopp bring you the latest news affecting the federal community each weekday morning, featuring interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 6 to 9 a.m. or download archived interviews below.
Federal Drive interviews - September 27
Thursday - 9/27/2012, 2:47pm EDT
John Logsdon — Former Director, Space Policy Institute, George Washington University
GOP Presidential candidate Mitt Romney says he wants NASA to reach for the stars, he just doesn't want the government to pay more for it than it already does. He lays out his vision for conducting what he calls practical and sustainable space missions in a new white paper. It comes on the heels of a Congressional effort to restructure the agency. The sponsors say NASA has wasted more than $20 billion in cancelled programs over two decades. They blame cost overruns, mismanagement and politics. Space historian John Logsdon digs into the details behind these proposals.
Also on the show:
- White House testing approach called for in draft cyber order
- Sen. Lieberman urges the presidents to better secure critical cyber infrastructure
For more cybersecurity news, click here.