Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 6-9 a.m.
Hosts Tom Temin and Emily Kopp bring you the latest news affecting the federal community each weekday morning, featuring interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 6 to 9 a.m. or download archived interviews on our daily show blogs.
Federal Drive interviews - September 27
Thursday - 9/27/2012, 2:47pm EDT
John Logsdon — Former Director, Space Policy Institute, George Washington University
GOP Presidential candidate Mitt Romney says he wants NASA to reach for the stars, he just doesn't want the government to pay more for it than it already does. He lays out his vision for conducting what he calls practical and sustainable space missions in a new white paper. It comes on the heels of a Congressional effort to restructure the agency. The sponsors say NASA has wasted more than $20 billion in cancelled programs over two decades. They blame cost overruns, mismanagement and politics. Space historian John Logsdon digs into the details behind these proposals.
Also on the show:
- White House testing approach called for in draft cyber order
- Sen. Lieberman urges the presidents to better secure critical cyber infrastructure
For more cybersecurity news, click here.