Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 6-9 a.m.
Hosts Tom Temin and Emily Kopp bring you the latest news affecting the federal community each weekday morning, featuring interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 6 to 9 a.m. or download archived interviews below.
DoD cuts ribbon on centralized medical headquarters
Wednesday - 9/19/2012, 10:11am EDT
Officials held a ribbon-cutting ceremony Tuesday for the new Defense Health Headquarters in Virginia.
They said placing the top Army, Navy and Air Force medical staff in one building would help keep military medicine relevant, strong and effective.
Assistant Secretary of Defense for Health Affairs Jonathan Woodson said nothing can replace face-to-face conversation. He said the Defense Department needs more "enterprise solutions" to mental and physical health.
The consolidation was ordered seven years ago by lawmakers when they passed the Base Realignment and Closure Act.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily DoD Report. For more defense news, click here.