Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 6-9 a.m.
Hosts Tom Temin and Emily Kopp bring you the latest news affecting the federal community each weekday morning, featuring interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 6 to 9 a.m. or download archived interviews below.
DoD office helps veterans ease back into civilian life
Monday - 9/17/2012, 10:53am EDT
This week, to help us explore the interaction between service in uniform, civilian work and how employers enable Guard and Reserve service, we speak with several guests from the Defense Department office that was created in 1972 just to handle these issues - Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR):
- Jim Rebholz, national chairman: ESGR's history, mission and how it honors public and private employers who go the extra mile to support employees and families who serve in the Guard and Reserve.
- Maj. Eric Davis, Ombudsman: The Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA), the rights it provides to servicemembers and the responsibilities it confers on employers.
- Ron Young, director, DoD Family and Employer Programs and Policy and Sgt. Maj. Wayne Bowser, senior enlisted advisor for family and employer programs: Addressing unemployment in the reserve component, the Yellow Ribbon reintegration program and DoD's new Hero 2 Hired jobs program.