Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 6-9 a.m.
Hosts Tom Temin and Emily Kopp bring you the latest news affecting the federal community each weekday morning, featuring interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 6 to 9 a.m. or download archived interviews on our daily show blogs.
Federal Drive interviews - Sept. 13
Thursday - 9/13/2012, 9:33am EDT
Budgets are tight across government, but one agency has found a proverbial pot of gold. The Transportation Department is making available nearly half a billion dollars for construction projects nationwide. Secretary LaHood says the money will go to create jobs and improve infrastructure. The money comes from funds Congress set aside in past years for transportation projects.
Few agencies are taking advantage of a law that lets them rehire retirees and pay them both full pensions and full salaries. That's according to a new GAO report on the so-called "dual compensation waiver." Even the Office of Personnel Management rarely used the program. Mihm authored the GAO report and shares its findings.
Michelle Janine Howard has a knack for making Navy history. And she's at it again. Howard recently became the first female African-American three-star vice admiral. Earlier, she became the first black woman to command a warship and the first female Naval academy alum to become rear admiral.