Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 6-9 a.m.
Hosts Tom Temin and Emily Kopp bring you the latest news affecting the federal community each weekday morning, featuring interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 6 to 9 a.m. or download archived interviews below.
Federal Drive interviews - Sept. 13
Thursday - 9/13/2012, 9:33am EDT
Budgets are tight across government, but one agency has found a proverbial pot of gold. The Transportation Department is making available nearly half a billion dollars for construction projects nationwide. Secretary LaHood says the money will go to create jobs and improve infrastructure. The money comes from funds Congress set aside in past years for transportation projects.
Few agencies are taking advantage of a law that lets them rehire retirees and pay them both full pensions and full salaries. That's according to a new GAO report on the so-called "dual compensation waiver." Even the Office of Personnel Management rarely used the program. Mihm authored the GAO report and shares its findings.
Michelle Janine Howard has a knack for making Navy history. And she's at it again. Howard recently became the first female African-American three-star vice admiral. Earlier, she became the first black woman to command a warship and the first female Naval academy alum to become rear admiral.