Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 6-9 a.m.
Host Tom Temin brings you the latest news affecting the federal community each weekday morning, featuring interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 6 to 9 a.m. or download archived interviews below.
Federal Drive interviews - Sept. 11
Tuesday - 9/11/2012, 10:53am EDT
Arthur Rizer — Prosecutor, Justice Department.
When Arthur Rizer returned to the Justice Department after serving two deployments in Iraq, he found his day job was not as easy as it had been. An explosion in Iraq had left him with a traumatic brain injury. And even taking the Metro to work was a challenge, Rizer tells Federal Drive. Today he overcomes those challenges with the help of his service dog. Danny travels with Rizer to federal courtrooms and office buildings for his job as a criminal prosecutor in the department's narcotics and national security division.
Tom Vannoy — Program Manager for Do Not Pay, Treasury Department.
Federal agencies are starting to use and save money with the Treasury Department's Do Not Pay system, which has been up and running since April. Do Not Pay blends several databases that agencies can cross-reference to try and prevent improper payments, whether for contracts or benefits. Tom Vannoy recently told an audience of inspectors general and financial managers how the Treasury Department itself is changing.
Joe Petrillo — Procurement Attorney, Petrillo and Powell
Contractors may get more than they bargained for if they're lucky enough to win federal bids. The government is proposing new rules that impact companies that take over existing contracts. They might have to inherit the workers as well as the work. Federal contract attorney Joe Petrillo breaks down the details for Federal Drive.
Robert Levinson — Defense Analyst, Bloomberg Government
Civilian contractors face billions of dollars in lost revenue if sequestration cuts go into effect come January. Robert Levinson details the damage automatic budget cuts would cause for some of the top government contractors and the smaller companies they hire as sub-contractors.
Kelly Menzie-DeGraff — Director of Disaster Services, Corporation for National and Community Service
A federal team has earned honors for managing an army of volunteers after last year's tornado that destroyed parts of Joplin, Mo. The storm killed more than 100 people and leveled countless buildings and homes. But a team from the Corporation for National and Community Service -- a small agency -- is being hailed as heroes for coordinating 60,000 volunteers after the twister. Kelly Menzie-DeGraff led the effort under AmeriCorps. She and her team have earned a finalist spot in this year's Service To America Medals program at the Partnership for Public Service. She shares the team's story with the Federal Drive.
Also on the show: