Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 6-9 a.m.
Host Tom Temin brings you the latest news affecting the federal community each weekday morning, featuring interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 6 to 9 a.m. or download archived interviews below.
Federal Drive interviews - Sept. 7
Friday - 9/7/2012, 9:11am EDT
The disputed incident at a GSA conference in Nashville has federal managers and people on Capitol Hill thinking about inspectors general. An IG agent banged on the hotel door of a GSA manager late at night, wanting information. IGs have law enforcement powers. The question is when they should use them, and on whose orders. Kotz is the former IG of the Securities and Exchange Commission.
Bill Hughes — General Counsel, National Association of Federal Veterinarians
The Agriculture Department wants to send inspectors to Mexico to check out cattle headed for the United States. That used to be standard procedure, until drug cartels and violent crime got in the way. USDA says it is making sure everything is safe before reopening its Mexican facilities. But the veterinarians don't want to go.
With a presidential election right around the corner, agencies are preparing for the possibility of big changes. At the Excellence in Government conference, Rear Adm. Acton spoke with Federal News Radio's Jason Miller about transition planning.
Ronald Young — Executive Director, Employer Support for the Guard and Reserve program, Defense Department
The nation's unemployment rate is high, but it's even higher among members of the military's guard and reserve forces: 13 percent. Among younger reservists, it's more than 24 percent. Young talked with Federal News Radio's Jared Serbu about why the number is so high, and what DoD's doing to match up employers with guardsmen and reservists.