Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 6-9 a.m.
Host Tom Temin brings you the latest news affecting the federal community each weekday morning, featuring interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 6 to 9 a.m. or download archived interviews below.
Federal Drive interviews - Sept. 5
Wednesday - 9/5/2012, 9:29am EDT
Meeting the Office of Management and Budget's cloud-first mandate is a little easier now, thanks to a new blanket purchase agreement from the General Services Administration. Last week GSA awarded contracts to 20 companies for cloud e-mail, office automation, electronic records management and migration services. GSA estimates transitioning to a cloud solution lowers the cost of email by up to 50 percent annually and saves $1 million for every 7,500 email boxes.
H. Brandon Haller — Chairman, local Federal Coordinating Committee for Combined Federal Campaign for the National Capital Area
Federal employees: It's time to open your wallets. This year's Combined Federal Campaign is now underway. It's the world's largest workplace fundraiser and benefits thousands of organizations. The National Capital Region kicks off its season today.
Pat Calhoun — Senior Vice President and General Manager of Network Security, McAfee
Like camp followers or rock band groupies, malicious hackers are targeting mobile devices in a big way. And why not? Sales of smartphones are reaching hundreds of millions per year. More of them are being used for both personal and work purposes. Just last week, the Office of Management and Budget released its toolkit for bring-your-own-device to work. How bad is the security threat getting?
Pete Kasperowicz — Staff Writer, The Hill
Say goodbye to your nice parking spot. Congress comes back to town next week...and they have an overflowing plate in front of them. Much of the agenda could affect fedsm from cybersecurity to postal reform, the continuing resolution and, of course, sequestration.