Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Delivering the Digital Government Mission
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 6-9 a.m.
Host Tom Temin brings you the latest news affecting the federal community each weekday morning, featuring interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 6 to 9 a.m. or download archived interviews below.
Federal Drive interviews - Sept. 4
Tuesday - 9/4/2012, 8:44am EDT
Debra Roth — Partner, Shaw, Bransford and Roth
A book about the killing of Osama bin Laden comes out today. The Pentagon is threatening legal action against the former Navy SEAL who wrote a new book. After the warnings, the publisher rushed the book to market and advance sales are brisk. Defense Department lawyers have written to Matt Bissonnette, who goes by the pen name Mark Owen. They say he's violating standard Navy agreements to never divulge classified information. Bissonnette did not clear his book with the Pentagon.
John Palguta — President for Policy, Partnership for Public Service
The new GOP party platform calls for a 10 percent cut to the federal workforce, plus a reduction in pay and benefits. Times are already tough so how do federal managers prepare for the possibility of such a drastic change? Palguta shares findings from a recent Partnership survey of federal human capital chiefs.
Brian Friel — Analyst, Bloomberg Government
Amid the tension about the possible effects of sequestration on federal contractors, there's one sector that is still expected to thrive. Medical supplies and equipment sales are expected to grow 14 percent in the next two years. And since schedules are managed through the Veterans Affairs Department, those numbers are sequester proof. Friel has a new report on this topic.
Read the report. BGov is a paid site and requires a subscription to access stories..