Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 6-9 a.m.
Host Tom Temin brings you the latest news affecting the federal community each weekday morning, featuring interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 6 to 9 a.m. or download archived interviews below.
Federal Drive interviews - Aug. 31
Friday - 8/31/2012, 9:13am EDT
Dev Culver — Executive Director and CEO, HealthInfoNet
A major part of health care reform is taking shape as a pilot project in Maine. The Affordable Care Act calls for the formation of Health Information Exchanges. HealthInfoNet operates an exchange in Maine. Now, it's staging an experiment to see how health care quality information can get baked in. The idea is for data to help guide public health officials.
Juan Garcia — Administrator for the Farm Service Agency, USDA
The Agriculture Department is urging livestock producers affected by natural disasters to keep good records. USDA operates several disaster assistance programs for farmers and ranchers. But they've run dry since they haven't been authorized since September 2011. The department hopes Congress will reauthorize them. Until then, it's telling ranchers to keep their receipts.
Linda Howell — Chief, Response Coordination Branch, Nuclear Regulatory Commission
Nuclear Regulatory Commission staff are riding out Hurricane Isaac in the eye of the storm. The agency has workers to help resident inspectors at nuclear plants in Louisiana and Mississippi. Linda Howell oversees the NRC's regional response team in Texas, and she's monitoring the three plants carefully.
NRC, FEMA seek public input in pudating emergency preparedness guidance (Meeting Sept. 13 in Rockville, Md.)
Bill Shear — Director of Financial Markets and Community Investment Issues, GAO
The federal government operates 52 programs to help entrepreneurs. But the Government Accountability Office says they aren't managed very well. A new report cites instances where agencies agreed to coordinate their support programs but never followed through. In other cases, agencies didn't track, or failed to meet, their performance goals.