Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 6-9 a.m.
Hosts Tom Temin and Emily Kopp bring you the latest news affecting the federal community each weekday morning, featuring interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 6 to 9 a.m. or download archived interviews on our daily show blogs.
Federal Drive interviews - Aug. 29
Wednesday - 8/29/2012, 9:33am EDT
If sequestration is like hitting a brick wall, a continuing resolution is more like slowing down and proceeding with caution. Lawmakers say they'll pass a new CR when they return to Washington. Plexico discusses what's likely to happen.
Martin Libicki — Senior Management Scientist, Rand Corporation
The defense research agency DARPA is looking for revolutionary technologies that can help the Pentagon win a cyber war, rather than just defend against cyber attacks. Called Plan X, its goal is to make the military as fierce in cyberspace as it is in the real world. It begins next month. Libicki is a cybersecurity professor at the U.S. Naval Academy.
Johnson says that some of the highest growth tech companies don't apply for government contracts because they see the process as too slow and too cumbersome. Blue State Digital co-founder Clay Johnson developed a plan for a platform to make that process easier. And now he has won a Presidential Innovation Fellowship to bring that plan, called RFP-EZ, to life.