Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 6-9 a.m.
Hosts Tom Temin and Emily Kopp bring you the latest news affecting the federal community each weekday morning, featuring interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 6 to 9 a.m. or download archived interviews on our daily show blogs.
Federal Drive interviews - Aug. 23
Thursday - 8/23/2012, 8:42am EDT
Earmarks may be an endangered species on Capitol Hill. Leaders have banned the practice of setting aside money for pet projects back home. But lawmakers still want to make sure their regions benefit from federal projects. Take three construction projects here in the District. The General Services Administration and the Department of Homeland Security are building new headquarters. And the Smithsonian is breaking ground on a museum of African-American History and Culture.
A major bookseller recently announced that its electronic books now outsell print. The world of publishing is changing and the Government Printing Office has been changing along with it. GPO has signed an agreement with Apple to sell federal publications in e-book form over. GPO will distribute the volumes through the I-Tunes online store.