Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Federal Drive interviews - Aug. 16
Thursday - 8/16/2012, 9:06am EDT
Congress returns from recess next month with some unfinished cybersecurity business. But Westby says lawmakers have it all wrong and is missing the point on what cyber legislation should do. She explains what Congress should be focusing on when it comes to cyber reform.
Budget sequestration cuts might be 140 days away, but the administration has only until Sept. 6 to tell Congress where the ax will fall. The Defense Department must notify Congress of civilian personnel cuts by Sept. 18 — 105 days before sequestration. That's forcing Defense planners and contractors to consider their options — and they have several.
Read Brancato's story. BGov is a paid site that requires a subscription.
The violent storms in June that left hundreds of thousands without power. It also left millions without access to 9-11 emergency services. What went wrong? And what, if anything, can the government do to prevent this from happening again? From 2009-2012, Barnett served in an IPA assignment as Chief of the Federal Communications Commission's Public Safety and Homeland Security Bureau (PSHSB).