Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 6-9 a.m.
Hosts Tom Temin and Emily Kopp bring you the latest news affecting the federal community each weekday morning, featuring interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 6 to 9 a.m. or download archived interviews on our daily show blogs.
Federal Drive interviews -- Aug. 14
Tuesday - 8/14/2012, 9:15am EDT
When United Technologies was caught selling software to China, it pleaded guilty to violating the Arms Export Control Act. Then the State Department barred the company from foreign arms sales. Now, the chairman and ranking member of the Senate Armed Service Committee are asking the Defense Department to debar the company from federal contracts. Is that legal?
If you want to see where cybersecurity spending is headed, one good place to look at is the Navy. It's become one of the biggest cyber spenders. Bloomberg Government analyst Jason Wilson has been tracking cyber spending in the Navy and has some surprising findings.
BGOV.com is a pay site and requires a subscription.
Lou Milione, a special agent and group supervisor for the Drug Enforcement Administration, helped to capture a notorious arms trafficker known as the "Merchant of Death." He and his team led the high-stakes undercover investigation that took down Viktor Bout, a man who supplied dictators, warlords and drug cartels. Milione's team has earned a spot as a Service to America Medal finalist.