Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 6-9 a.m.
Hosts Tom Temin and Emily Kopp bring you the latest news affecting the federal community each weekday morning, featuring interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 6 to 9 a.m. or download archived interviews on our daily show blogs.
Federal Drive interviews - Aug. 13
Monday - 8/13/2012, 9:06am EDT
Major defense contractors and their supporters in Congress have been sounding the warnings about sequestration. Should budget cuts hit the Pentagon in January, they say, the effect would be thousands of job losses. But one new analysis finds, this may not be the case. In fact, employment levels might not be affected at all.
Terry Weaver — President of Weaver Consulting LLC, accessibility & government policy and procurement strategist for SSB BART Group, and former director of IT accommodation at GSA.
Accessibility for disabled federal workers isn't just about wheelchair ramps and seeing eye dogs. The Section 508 Office at the Veterans Healthcare Administration has released a new set of online courses that shows workers how to create accessible PDFs and other documents. Federal News Radio spoke to Weaver about the challenge of making PDFs accessible to all.