Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 6-9 a.m.
Hosts Tom Temin and Emily Kopp bring you the latest news affecting the federal community each weekday morning, featuring interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 6 to 9 a.m. or download archived interviews below.
Federal Drive interviews - Aug. 10
Friday - 8/10/2012, 8:23am EDT
The Justice Department has appointed what it calls an ombudsman for federal whistleblowers. He'll be close to the department's Inspector General. In fact, he was just appointed counsel to the IG and has barely settled into that job. Although he hasn't quite moved to Washington from Albany, Robert Storch takes time out of his whirlwind schedule to join us with details about his new post. Read more.
Dr. Elizabeth Clark — President and CEO, National Association of Social Workers
Veterans are coming home to a more friendly and understanding environment. A new initiative called Joining Forces connects social workers across the nation with the training and resources from the Defense and Veterans Affairs Departments. The idea is to better meet the mental health needs of the returning warfighters.
Rep. Darrell Issa (R-Calif.) sent a letter to 73 inspectors generalthis week, asking them to notify Congress when they launch major investigations. He'd also like IGs to describe their practices for keeping Congress up-to-date. Kotz is the former inspector general of the Securities and Exchange Commission.
The National Telecommunications and Information Administration makes an important chess move in the broadband network game. NTIA is holding up $340 million in funding meant for public safety organizations. The administration said before they give out any grants, a very critical step needs to happen first.
Read Bari's story. Bloomberg is a paid site and requires a paid subscription.