Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 6-9 a.m.
Hosts Tom Temin and Emily Kopp bring you the latest news affecting the federal community each weekday morning, featuring interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 6 to 9 a.m. or download archived interviews below.
Federal Drive interviews - July 19
Thursday - 7/19/2012, 5:17pm EDT
Will Schmitt — Open Innovation Advisor, USAID's Office of Science and Technology
Waste created by humans, animals and industry is one of the largest hidden challenges facing developing countries. The U.S. Agency for International Development is teaming up with the apparel company Nike to encourage, support and implement innovative and sustainable solutions that reduce and better handle trash and sewage. Nine organizations from around the world were selected to receive U.S. support and participate in a forum this week in California. LAUNCH connects innovators with leaders and provides resources and guidance to accelerate the implementation of the technologies, businesses, and programs that address this growing problem.
USAID open innovation advisor Will Schmitt helped judge the "Launch: Beyond Waste" contest. He says whether the waste comes from farms, people, or industries the problems hit the world's poorest the hardest.
Jenn MacDonald — Director, Sustainability Performance Office, Department of Energy
View the DoE 2011 Sustainability Scorecard here.
Laura Williams — Foreign Service and Information Management Specialist, State Department
Williams was named a 2012 Causey Award winner, recognizing her outstanding work in human capital management.
As a a mid-level officer, Williams quickly organized and executed a global IT survey, requiring State Department staff worldwide to review the work activities, staff structure and skills required to meet the department's future needs. More than half of all overseas posts participated.
Also on the show: