Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 6-9 a.m.
Host Tom Temin brings you the latest news affecting the federal community each weekday morning, featuring interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 6 to 9 a.m. or download archived interviews below.
Federal Drive interviews - July 19
Thursday - 7/19/2012, 5:17pm EDT
Will Schmitt — Open Innovation Advisor, USAID's Office of Science and Technology
Waste created by humans, animals and industry is one of the largest hidden challenges facing developing countries. The U.S. Agency for International Development is teaming up with the apparel company Nike to encourage, support and implement innovative and sustainable solutions that reduce and better handle trash and sewage. Nine organizations from around the world were selected to receive U.S. support and participate in a forum this week in California. LAUNCH connects innovators with leaders and provides resources and guidance to accelerate the implementation of the technologies, businesses, and programs that address this growing problem.
USAID open innovation advisor Will Schmitt helped judge the "Launch: Beyond Waste" contest. He says whether the waste comes from farms, people, or industries the problems hit the world's poorest the hardest.
Jenn MacDonald — Director, Sustainability Performance Office, Department of Energy
View the DoE 2011 Sustainability Scorecard here.
Laura Williams — Foreign Service and Information Management Specialist, State Department
Williams was named a 2012 Causey Award winner, recognizing her outstanding work in human capital management.
As a a mid-level officer, Williams quickly organized and executed a global IT survey, requiring State Department staff worldwide to review the work activities, staff structure and skills required to meet the department's future needs. More than half of all overseas posts participated.
Also on the show: