Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 6-9 a.m.
Hosts Tom Temin and Emily Kopp bring you the latest news affecting the federal community each weekday morning, featuring interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 6 to 9 a.m. or download archived interviews on our daily show blogs.
Federal Drive interviews -- July 9
Monday - 7/9/2012, 8:24am EDT
Fred Hochberg — chairman and president, Export-Import Bank
What's it like to be a political football? A small and often overlooked agency found out this spring. The Export-Import Bank lends money to American companies that do business abroad. That notion doesn't sit well with some conservatives on Capitol Hill. In May, they claimed the agency's work amounted to corporate welfare. They held up a bill reauthorizing the bank, relenting just days before it would have hit its lending limit. Since then, the bank has faded from the headlines, but it's still around and growing.
John Palguta — vice president for policy, Partnership for Public Service
John Palguta, the vice president for policy at the Partnership for Public Service, discusses recently introduced legislation that aims to reform the senor executive service.