Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 6-9 a.m.
Hosts Tom Temin and Emily Kopp bring you the latest news affecting the federal community each weekday morning, featuring interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 6 to 9 a.m. or download archived interviews on our daily show blogs.
Federal Drive interviews - June 25
Monday - 6/25/2012, 9:10am EDT
The White House is calling on agencies to prove programs actually work. The Office of Management and Budget says it wants to see "rigorous evaluation" reflected in agencies' budget requests. But what does that mean, exactly? Kniker says agencies are taking a cue from science and using randomized control trials.
More and more agencies are warning that any further cuts to their workforce will mean they will not be able to keep up with their workloads. And yet — as Congress and the president both look to cut the deficit — budgets will most likely keep shrinking. Palguta said he has heard from agencies about how they are working in this new reality and still delivering on their missions.
MORE ON THE FEDERAL DRIVE