Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 6-9 a.m.
Hosts Tom Temin and Emily Kopp bring you the latest news affecting the federal community each weekday morning, featuring interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 6 to 9 a.m. or download archived interviews on our daily show blogs.
Federal Drive interviews - June 21
Thursday - 6/21/2012, 9:13am EDT
Audio for all interviews will be posted later today.
Rep. Henry Cuellar (D-Texas) — Co-chairman of the Congressional Unmanned Systems Caucus
David Michaels — Assistant Secretary of Labor Department
The agency that investigates whistleblower complaints in the private sector has come under fire for years. Auditors repeatedly found the Occupational Safety and Health Administration's program lacked transparency and accountability. Investigators did not have the training or tools they needed to do their jobs well. OSHA began a top-to-bottom review last year. Now it's inviting outsiders to join an advisory committee to make recommendations for improvements.
It seems like there is new headline about leaked intelligence and cyber espionage every day. Congress and the White House blame each other for leaks. And newly leaked information about the Flame virus indicate U.S. involvement in the cyber attack on Iran. But does this actually damage national security...or can shedding light on state secrets actually be a good thing? Brenner has written a new book, America the Vulnerable: Inside the New Threat Matrix of Digital Espionage, Crime and Warfare.
MORE FROM THE FEDERAL DRIVE