Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 6-9 a.m.
Hosts Tom Temin and Emily Kopp bring you the latest news affecting the federal community each weekday morning, featuring interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 6 to 9 a.m. or download archived interviews below.
Federal Drive interviews - May 22
Tuesday - 5/22/2012, 9:48am EDT
Rick Robins — Chairman, Mid-Atlantic Fishery Management Council
You may wish the Dow Jones was more like another "stock market" index. The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration's Fish Stock Sustainability Index had a banner year last year, and it's risen steadily for 11 years in a row. NOAA says six species that had been over-fished have now returned to target levels. One of them was the Atlantic Coast Summer Flounder. To learn how NOAA worked with local communities to bring back the flounder, we turn to Rick Robins, chairman of the Mid-Atlantic Fishery Management Council.
Alejandro Mayorkas — Director, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Department of Homeland Security
It's been a long and sometimes bumpy road for the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services' Transformation Program. For 3-1/2 years, USCIS has been trying to perfect a system to digitize paperwork in immigration cases. Now the agency is finally ready to introduce the world to ELIS — the Electronic Immigration System.
Dr. Kyle Myers —
Director, Division of Imaging and Applied Mathematics, Office of Science and Engineering Laboratories, Center for Devices and Radiological Health, Food and Drug Administration
Dr. Kyle Myers — Director, Division of Imaging and Applied Mathematics, Office of Science and Engineering Laboratories, Center for Devices and Radiological Health, Food and Drug Administration
We continue our series of interviews with the Service to America Medal finalists with a dedicated federal employee who has improved the ability to diagnose disease. Dr. Kyle Myers' efforts have improved the accuracy of radiological diagnostic tests and helped save lives by setting the standards for things like 3D breast images.