Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
State Department seeks advice on new name for blog
Friday - 12/7/2012, 1:14pm EST
WASHINGTON (AP) - The State Department is redesigning its official blog and wants help in choosing a successor for the oft-maligned name DipNote.
The department put out an appeal on Friday for the web-trolling public to vote online between four possibilities, including keeping DipNote. The other choices, which were winnowed down from more than 370 internal suggestions are: "Unclassified: The State Department Blog," "Statecraft" and "Matters of State."
It said the winner will be announced when the revamped blog is unveiled early next year.
DipNote was launched in 2007 to great fanfare, although its name has been criticized from the start by some who say it too closely resembles an insult that ends with a common barnyard epithet.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)