Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Delivering the Digital Government Mission
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 6-9 a.m.
Host Tom Temin brings you the latest news affecting the federal community each weekday morning, featuring interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 6 to 9 a.m. or download archived interviews below.
Federal Drive interviews -- May 21
Monday - 5/21/2012, 9:57am EDT
This is the Federal Drive show blog. Here you can listen to the interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day and links to additional resources.
Marie Johns — deputy administrator, Small Business Administration
Entrepreneurs swarm into Washington, D.C., this week to learn what they can do to grow their business and potentially the economy. Deputy Administrator Marie Johns of the Small Business Administration talks about the three-day conference SBA is hosting in connection with National Small Business Week and that gets started in earnest today.
Dr. Todd Fore — executive director, Air Force Personnel Center, Randolph Air Force Base
Federal agencies are on their final leg on the road to reform hiring. Before the end of the year, all federal agencies should have reduced their overall hiring process down to 80 days. Part of this effort has required agencies to take less time making decisions candidates. Recently, the Air Force cut in half the time it would take to make the call from 30 days down to 15. Dr. Todd Fore, executive director of the Air Force Personnel Center at Randolph Air Force Base, discusses the latest on how the Air Force is improving the federal recruitment and hiring process.
Lester Lyles — former leader of the Military Leadership Diversity Commission
Democratic lawmakers are pressuring the military to diversify its top ranks quickly. Sens. Kirsten Gillibrand (D-N.Y.) and Ben Cardin (D-Md.) have introduced legislation that would require the Pentagon to develop benchmarks for hiring and promoting women and minorities. The new legislation is based, in part, on recommendations that a military panel made last year. Retired Air Force Gen. Lester Lyles led the Military Leadership Diversity Commission.