Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 6-9 a.m.
Hosts Tom Temin and Emily Kopp bring you the latest news affecting the federal community each weekday morning, featuring interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 6 to 9 a.m. or download archived interviews below.
Federal Drive interviews - May 15, 2012
Tuesday - 5/15/2012, 9:44am EDT
Audio will be added later today.
Capt. Ken Barrett — diversity director, Navy Department
Capt. Ken Barrett told us how he didn't let being a white male from Massachusetts stop him in his mission to diversify the Navy. As diversity director, he led the service to record levels of minority and female officers.
Bill Bransford — partner at Shaw, Bransford and Roth
It's been called finely-tuned public policy. The Whistleblower Protection Enhancement Act passed the Senate last week with unanimous support. The House is working on its version of the bill. In today's Legal Loop segment, Bill Bransford, partner at Shaw Bransford and Roth, offers his insight on the benefits the act provides federal whistleblowers.
Steve Lord — director of homeland security and justice issues at GAO
Coordination between the Department of Homeland Security and the Transportation Security Administration has been the subject of serious review by the Government Accountability Office. For three years, GAO has been making recommendations on how TSA could better purchase and test the equipment used to screen airline passengers. Steve Lord, director of homeland security and justice issues at GAO, discusses the ongoing challenges DHS and TSA face on this front.
Deborah Temkin — deputy chief for specialty mental health, Education Department
Why did you choose civil service as a career? Maybe you felt you were called to serve? Today we speak to one such person who served, made a difference and now has been singled out for her excellence. Deborah Temkin, research and policy coordinator for bullying prevention initiatives at the Education Department, shares some of the work that made her a Service to America Medal finalist.
More from Federal Drive: