Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 6-9 a.m.
Host Tom Temin brings you the latest news affecting the federal community each weekday morning, featuring interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 6 to 9 a.m. or download archived interviews below.
Federal Drive interviews - May 2
Thursday - 5/3/2012, 1:59am EDT
Audio will be posted later today.
This is the Federal Drive show blog. Here you can listen to the interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day and links to additional resources.
Russell Berman — Congressional Reporter, The Hill
Susan Irving — Director of Federal Budget Analysis Issues, Government Accountability Office
A new law gives the Patent and Trademark Office more control over the fees it charges users. Supporters hope it will raise enough money for the agency to reduce its backlog of applications. But government auditors warn the new law comes with trade-offs.
Stan Painter — Chairman, National Joint Council of Food Inspection Locals
Everyone debates government regulation in the abstract. But we're going to make it real. Our topic: Poultry inspection by the Agriculture Department. Specifically, the Food Safety and Inspection Service. A proposed rule change would let more chickens undergo inspection faster. The proposal has touched off a debate about food safety. For one side of the story, Federal News Radio reporter Ruben Gomez talked to Painter, who had some graphic descriptions of poultry.
More on Federal Drive