Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 6-9 a.m.
Hosts Tom Temin and Emily Kopp bring you the latest news affecting the federal community each weekday morning, featuring interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 6 to 9 a.m. or download archived interviews below.
Obama seeks closed loopholes, 'smart' reductions
Sunday - 2/3/2013, 4:47pm EST
WASHINGTON (AP) - President Barack Obama says the U.S can reduce its budget deficit by closing tax loopholes and making "smart" reductions in spending.
Obama says closing tax loopholes should enable the U.S. to "continue to fund things that can help us grow" without raising tax rates again.
In an interview on CBS a few hours before the Super Bowl, the president said he wants the tax system to be "fair and transparent," noting that the average taxpayer can't take advantage of things like offshore tax havens.
Obama also called for further health care reforms, noting the U.S. spends "more than every other country does." He says there's "no doubt we need additional revenue coupled with smart spending reductions."
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)