Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 6-9 a.m.
Hosts Tom Temin and Emily Kopp bring you the latest news affecting the federal community each weekday morning, featuring interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 6 to 9 a.m. or download archived interviews below.
JFCOM job transition center opens in Suffolk
Tuesday - 5/3/2011, 3:01pm EDT
The Virginia Regional Center for USJFCOM Workforce Transition and Business Development has opened in Suffolk, and will also help surrounding businesses that will be affected by the command's closure.
JFCOM's mission is to train troops from all services to work together for specific missions. It is being closed this year as part of cost-cutting measures by the Pentagon.
Defense expects to save about $400 million with the closure. Virginia says it will lose about 2,300 jobs.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily DoD Report. For more defense news, click here.