Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 6-9 a.m.
Hosts Tom Temin and Emily Kopp bring you the latest news affecting the federal community each weekday morning, featuring interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 6 to 9 a.m. or download archived interviews on our daily show blogs.
JFCOM job transition center opens in Suffolk
Tuesday - 5/3/2011, 3:01pm EDT
The Virginia Regional Center for USJFCOM Workforce Transition and Business Development has opened in Suffolk, and will also help surrounding businesses that will be affected by the command's closure.
JFCOM's mission is to train troops from all services to work together for specific missions. It is being closed this year as part of cost-cutting measures by the Pentagon.
Defense expects to save about $400 million with the closure. Virginia says it will lose about 2,300 jobs.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily DoD Report. For more defense news, click here.