Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 6-9 a.m.
Hosts Tom Temin and Emily Kopp bring you the latest news affecting the federal community each weekday morning, featuring interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 6 to 9 a.m. or download archived interviews on our daily show blogs.
NASA, USAID team up to solve worldwide problems
Tuesday - 5/3/2011, 1:19pm EDT
Two of the agencies' big programs are LAUNCH and SERVIR. According to NASA, LAUNCH "is a global initiative to identify and support innovative work poised to contribute to a sustainable future and accelerate solutions to meet urgent challenges facing our society." SERVIR was designed to help improve response to natural disasters in specific parts of the world.
Now, the two agencies have signed a memo of understanding to give that partnership a boost.
Will Schmitt, the open innovation advisor in the Office of Science and Technology at USAID, spoke to Federal News Radio about the collaborative effort.