Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Feds on the street are talking about furloughs
Thursday - 4/7/2011, 9:50am EDT
Speaking on the condition of anonymity, some feds at Federal Triangle said they would treat the shutdown as a vacation.
"Looking forward to it," said one woman. " I need a break."
"Since you're not going to pay me next week, I've already planned other things I'm going to do," said one man. "I'm going take my computer to get fixed."
But one woman said she needs the money. "I live paycheck to paycheck," she said.
A friend with her said he thought Congress would make a deal this weekend.
"They're going to get together over this weekend and make a determination because there's too much going on that really affect this nation if we shut down as a government," he said.
What do you think about a possible shutdown? Leave a comment.