Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 6-9 a.m.
Hosts Tom Temin and Emily Kopp bring you the latest news affecting the federal community each weekday morning, featuring interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 6 to 9 a.m. or download archived interviews on our daily show blogs.
Feds on the street are talking about furloughs
Thursday - 4/7/2011, 9:50am EDT
Speaking on the condition of anonymity, some feds at Federal Triangle said they would treat the shutdown as a vacation.
"Looking forward to it," said one woman. " I need a break."
"Since you're not going to pay me next week, I've already planned other things I'm going to do," said one man. "I'm going take my computer to get fixed."
But one woman said she needs the money. "I live paycheck to paycheck," she said.
A friend with her said he thought Congress would make a deal this weekend.
"They're going to get together over this weekend and make a determination because there's too much going on that really affect this nation if we shut down as a government," he said.
What do you think about a possible shutdown? Leave a comment.