Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 6-9 a.m.
Hosts Tom Temin and Emily Kopp bring you the latest news affecting the federal community each weekday morning, featuring interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 6 to 9 a.m. or download archived interviews on our daily show blogs.
Onvia: 2011 strong year for contractors
Wednesday - 12/29/2010, 9:54am EST
A new Onvia report (scroll down) says governments at all levels will continue to focus on technology -- especially in health care, energy efficiency and cost-savings. The forecast also includes more opportunities for green energy projects.
This year saw "massive infusions" of funds from the Recovery Act. The research found that at about 800,000 private-sector jobs were created to support stimulus-related projects. This will continue into next year with 70 percent of the $275 billion still unspent for the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act.
A trend that will continue into 2011 is collaboration between public and private sectors. Onvia says companies will have to incorporate government needs in their market strategies.
"The reality is that business leaders who ignore the government market do so at their own peril," according to the report.