Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 6-9 a.m.
Hosts Tom Temin and Emily Kopp bring you the latest news affecting the federal community each weekday morning, featuring interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 6 to 9 a.m. or download archived interviews on our daily show blogs.
Boehner taps Thornberry to lead cybersecurity initiative
Monday - 12/27/2010, 10:44am EST
Incoming Speaker of the House John Boehner (R-Ohio) has tapped Republican Rep. Mac Thornberry (R-Texas) to lead an initiative on cybersecurity that Boehner says cuts across committee lines.
InfoSecurity.com reports the initiative will focus on uniting the Congress's multiple cybersecurity efforts.
Cybersecurity issues in the House have been plagued by jurisdictional disputes, as multiple committees each have a part of the cybersecurity pie.
Thornberry will also become the vice chairman of the House Armed Services Committee when the 112th Congress is seated next month.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily Cybersecurity Update brought to you by Tripwire. For more cybersecurity news, click here.