Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 6-9 a.m.
Hosts Tom Temin and Emily Kopp bring you the latest news affecting the federal community each weekday morning, featuring interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 6 to 9 a.m. or download archived interviews on our daily show blogs.
Boehner taps Thornberry to lead cybersecurity initiative
Monday - 12/27/2010, 10:44am EST
Incoming Speaker of the House John Boehner (R-Ohio) has tapped Republican Rep. Mac Thornberry (R-Texas) to lead an initiative on cybersecurity that Boehner says cuts across committee lines.
InfoSecurity.com reports the initiative will focus on uniting the Congress's multiple cybersecurity efforts.
Cybersecurity issues in the House have been plagued by jurisdictional disputes, as multiple committees each have a part of the cybersecurity pie.
Thornberry will also become the vice chairman of the House Armed Services Committee when the 112th Congress is seated next month.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily Cybersecurity Update brought to you by Tripwire. For more cybersecurity news, click here.