Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 6-9 a.m.
Hosts Tom Temin and Emily Kopp bring you the latest news affecting the federal community each weekday morning, featuring interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 6 to 9 a.m. or download archived interviews below.
Boehner taps Thornberry to lead cybersecurity initiative
Monday - 12/27/2010, 10:44am EST
Incoming Speaker of the House John Boehner (R-Ohio) has tapped Republican Rep. Mac Thornberry (R-Texas) to lead an initiative on cybersecurity that Boehner says cuts across committee lines.
InfoSecurity.com reports the initiative will focus on uniting the Congress's multiple cybersecurity efforts.
Cybersecurity issues in the House have been plagued by jurisdictional disputes, as multiple committees each have a part of the cybersecurity pie.
Thornberry will also become the vice chairman of the House Armed Services Committee when the 112th Congress is seated next month.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily Cybersecurity Update brought to you by Tripwire. For more cybersecurity news, click here.