Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 6-9 a.m.
Host Tom Temin brings you the latest news affecting the federal community each weekday morning, featuring interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 6 to 9 a.m. or download archived interviews below.
Sec. Donley calls for a fiscally improved Air Force
Tuesday - 9/14/2010, 8:40am EDT
- Air Force Secretary Michael Donley is urging the service's leaders to step up during tough economic times. The Defense Department says Donley recognizes that there are new requirements for missile defense, cyber and space defense. That, plus modernizing the Air Force's fleet are challenging the budget. Even though Defense Secretary Robert Gates has charged all the services to do more with less, Donley says that fiscal reform is nothing new to the Air Force. He says the Air Force is looking to streamline its organization and command structure to be more efficient. Donley made his comments this week during his State of the Air Force address.
- The Senate gears up for action on next year's defense authorization bill. Majority Leader Harry Reid plans to bring the bill up for debate on the Senate floor next week. The measure sets spending levels and policy for the Defense Department, but it also contains hot-button issues, including a repeal of the "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" policy and abortions in military hospitals.
- Remember the Russia-Georgia War in 2008? Mark Simakovsky, DOD's country director for Georgia and Moldova is credited for playing an instrumental role shaping the Defense Department's response to that war. During the war, he was responsible for promoting U.S. interests in the region and and helping to prevent further instability. His work as earned him a spot as finalist for a Service to America Medal from the Partnership for Public Service. Learn more about Simakovsky and his work this morning on the Federal Drive.
Check out all of Federal News Radio's coverage of Defense issues here.