Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 6-9 a.m.
Hosts Tom Temin and Emily Kopp bring you the latest news affecting the federal community each weekday morning, featuring interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 6 to 9 a.m. or download archived interviews on our daily show blogs.
ManTech wins Agriculture cybersecurity contract
Tuesday - 8/31/2010, 8:30am EDT
- Mantech has landed a nearly $11 million cyber security contract with the Department of Agriculture. ManTech will provide USDA's Cyber Security Operations Center with round-the-clock cyber security detection and reporting. That means they'll be responsible for sniffing out, reporting and responding to any cyber threats to the agency's infrastructure. The contract can last up to five years. This is the second cyber contract ManTech has landed this month. The company also won a five year contract with the FBI for cyber security work, worth up to $99.5 million.
- Cyber security risks are like fruit flies. There are tons of them, and they constantly mutate. IBM's X-Force keeps a constant eye on cyber threats, including the reported vulnerabilities in published software. IBM's vice president of security strategy, Kris Lovejoy, joins the Federal Drive with results from the first half of 2010, what they mean and how you can avoid them, at 8:30.
Check out all of Federal News Radio's coverage of cybersecurity issues here.