Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 6-9 a.m.
Host Tom Temin brings you the latest news affecting the federal community each weekday morning, featuring interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 6 to 9 a.m. or download archived interviews below.
DoD WMD counter-programming loses funding
Monday - 8/30/2010, 8:40am EDT
- Government and Industry sources say the Pentagon has ended major programs to defend against weapons of mass destruction. A budget document obtained by Global Security Newswire says the Defense Department is shifting more than $1 billion from the programs to fund a vaccine and medical countermeasures project. The document is a memo from DOD's Andrew Webber, who's in charge of the department's WMD defenses. It's an appeal for the DOD comptroller to restore funds for the affected programs.
- A Fort Detrick defense manager has helped invent a kit that can turn military vehicles into ambulances, in less than a minute. Jamie Lee is a product manager for non-medical systems at the Army's Medical Material Development Activity at Fort Detrick. He and his team created a state-of-the-art medical evacuation kit that can provide emergency transportation to soldiers wounded by roadside bombs. They're finalists for a Service to America Medal from the Partnership for Public Service, and Lee joined the Federal Drive with more information. You can hear the interview here.
Check out all of Federal News Radio's coverage of Defense issues here.