Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 6-9 a.m.
Hosts Tom Temin and Emily Kopp bring you the latest news affecting the federal community each weekday morning, featuring interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 6 to 9 a.m. or download archived interviews on our daily show blogs.
DoD's revamped cyberspace counterintelligence efforts
Tuesday - 8/24/2010, 8:30am EDT
- Defense Secretary Robert Gates has revamped policy for counterintelligence in cyberspace. He's hoping to give military authorities better tools to identify internal threats, such as the mass shooting at Fort Hood last November. An Army major has been charged in the murder of 13 people. NextGov reports investigators found 20 e-mails between the suspect, Major Nidal Hasan, and the radical Islamic cleric, Anwar Al Awlaki. The Army and FBI were both aware of Hasan's radical tilt, but didn't communicate with one another. The new policy sets up procedures for making sure potential threats get matched and forwarded to DOD investigators. Details must still be worked out.
- The Internet Policy Task Force has been hard at work since its creation four months ago. The task force is housed in the Commerce Department and was designed to look at issues of privacy and innovation on the Web. Curt Barker, Chief Cybersecurity Advisor at the National Institute of Standards and Technology. He joins the Federal Drive at 7:30 with an update on the progress the group has made.
Check out all of Federal News Radio's coverage of cybersecurity issues here.