Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 6-9 a.m.
Hosts Tom Temin and Emily Kopp bring you the latest news affecting the federal community each weekday morning, featuring interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 6 to 9 a.m. or download archived interviews on our daily show blogs.
Gates calls for better base emergency response
Monday - 8/23/2010, 8:40am EDT
- Defense Secretary Robert Gates is ordering DoD-wide changes to prevent violence similar to last November's deadly shooting spree at Fort Hood, Texas. Included in the list is better on-base emergency response and improved information-sharing. Gates has also called for training commanders on the symptoms of potential workplace violence. Army Major Nidal Hasan is charged with the attacks, which killed 13 and injured more than 40. The changes follow a review of recommendations from an independent panel.
- The Navy SEALs always have the best gear. Why should their dogs be any different? DefenseNews.com reports the Naval Special Warfare Group 1 is purchasing four high-tech canine tactical vests. The dogs will be outfitted with an infrared and night-vision-enabled camera, giving the handler the ability to see what the dog sees. The system is waterproof up to 10 feet. The four vests and camera systems total more than $86,000.
Check out all of Federal News Radio's coverage of Defense issues here.